Thursday, December 4, 2008

Exfoliating your face...

Who would have known you could exfoliate your face with ingredients you have in your home. I have such oily skin (yet dry in places) and back last January I asked some very good online friends what can I do for my face as when I put on makeup I see dry flaky skin so I just choose not to wear it since it looks stupid, lol.

Well, I finally pulled the recipe yesterday and I have to say that even this morning my face looks "clean" with no flakes at all.

The recipe - Grind up oatmeal in your blender. Mix with grapeseed oil to make a paste. Apply to face, but not around the eyes. Rinse with warm water. If you have sensitive skin you would use buttermilk in place of the oil. You can find grapeseed oil at the grocery store in a green can with all the other oils. Your face will feel so soft afterwards and you, I promise you, will not believe how soft it is.

Now, I do make my own body scrubs with plain white sugar and regular soy oil (100% vegetable oil). You can also use brown sugar or ground coffee for your scrub. I need to make some up as I haven't done this in a while. Oh, if you do make some up just make up enough to use and throw the rest away - you don't want to keep it as it can get "beasties" growing in it (bacteria). When I make mine I use a preservative, but I also don't put wet hands in it so I can reuse it.

No comments: