Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School

Things have been pretty busy for us. So glad the kids are back in school. Yesterday I got a call from Brittany at the high school that she forgot her literature book. Had to run that to her. Then, about an hour after getting back home I get a call from Shelbi that she needs something brought to her. What is going on with these girls? But, what is funny as I pick them up from school Brittany said she never even went t o pick up her book from the office! Then this morning as I am taking the kids to school Brittany says "wait, I forgot my literature book". I tell her no you didn't because you told me you never went to get it yesterday! She says, "oh yea". (lol). They are so funny.

I am so very thankful that Hurricane Gustav wasn't as bad as they had predicted and that everyone evacuated. My sister lives in New Orleans and she left on Saturday to go to Memphis. She wasn't waiting for another Hurricane to hit like Katrina! Now we have to pray that Hannah, Ike and Josephine are not catastrophic and that if they do head towards the gulf that people will evacuate again. I am so thankful that we don't live too close to the coast - I dont' know how I would be able to stand evacuating so many times in a hurricane season.

No comments: