Thursday, October 11, 2007

God is still molding me....

Ever have one of those days where things just don't seem to go right? Well, seems like I have had several of them lately.

Most days, I get the kids off to school and then come back home and read my devotional bible. Well, I didn't read my bible the other day or even pray as I was "too busy". So, late that night I was working on my candles and I was trying to print out the labels.

Now, my labels are saved in a file, so all I ever do is pull them up and print. Never a problem. This day that I didn't make time for the Lord my labels wouldn't align right - they were way up high off the label and off to the left off the label. I thought how odd.

But, as soon as I thought it was odd, I realized that I hadn't made time for God that day. I have always felt very low when I didn't make time to read my bible or to pray and I really feel like God has let me know that I always need to make time for him no matter what.

I just got an e-mail from encouragment for today and there was a posting by Rachel Olsen about this same thing. Somebody asked her how she finds time for God. Rachel responded that she doesn't find time that she makes time.

I got the e-mail the day after my labels woudn't print correctly so I KNOW in my heart that God was talking to me so I will now obediently listen.

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I always start my day out with God and coffee...before the boys even wake up.
If I don't nothing goes right!!

I am glad He is still molding us.